At Oakmere we believe our uniform helps give pupils pride in their school and show they are part of the Oakmere team…
Our school uniform is designed to be comfortable and to look smart. We need to show pride in our school, and a smart uniform worn with pride is a way of doing this. Parents who do not send their children in the correct school uniform will receive text reminders, then letters and will be invited to meetings with the Head Teacher to discuss why they choose not to comply with the school rules.
- A red sweatshirt or cardigan with or without our school logo.
- A white polo shirt with or without the school logo.
- Dark grey trousers or skirt (KS1 and KS2) or black tracksuit trousers (Nursery and Reception).
- Sensible black footwear should be worn. (If the footwear requires laces, these should be black too.)
- Red checked dresses (with white socks) or dark grey shorts (with white or grey socks) may be worn during the summer months.
- Children in Year 1 to Year 6 should wear a red Oakmere polo shirt for P.E. and when representing the school in any sporting activities.
- Children also need black shorts.
- Trainers are needed for outdoor P.E.: Black or White (If children wear white trainers for P.E., they must have separate black footwear to wear with their school uniform)
- Black plimsolls are useful for indoor games and dance.
- Tracksuits (dark colour) may be worn for outdoor P.E./Games in cold weather.
No children will be allowed to wear jewellery during any PE or games lesson. It is better if your child leaves earrings at home on those days.
If your child is eligible for a Free School Meal – the school will provide an initialled PE top from Smarty Schoolwear. You will be issued with a voucher from the school office which can be taken and presented at the shop.
Getting your Uniform
The uniform is available to buy from the following places:
63 High Street,
Tel: 01707 653 366
You can order online from their website:
Tesco Store (Online)
155-157 Lancaster Road
For those of you who wish to buy your jumpers or polo shirts elsewhere, Smiths, will embroider the school badge on for you for a small cost.
Parents sometimes report that entirely black footwear is difficult to buy. We have looked at the major stockists – there is a wide range of availability in all the price ranges this year e.g. Tesco, Marks & Spencer, Barratt etc.